Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an inflammatory lung disease that blocks airflow and causes difficulty in breathing.
Symptoms of COPD
Shortness of breath,
Phlegm or mucous production.
By prolonged exposure to lung irritants like tobacco smoke, air pollution.
It also includes chronic bronchitis & emphysema.
Early Diagnosis and treatment course can help plan a better course and progress.
If you have COPD, it’s important to take care of yourself and follow these guidelines for a healthy life.
If symptoms like shortness of breath, chronic cough, or increased sputum persist; call your treating doctor immediately or contact 9730069292.
COVID-19 Precaution for COPD Patients
People with severe COPD are at higher risk of COVID -19 complications s the disease affects the respiratory system. You should continue with your treatment for COPD as usual during the COVID-19 outbreaks.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TAKE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS
- Do not get out of your home except for necessary medical care.
- Maintain social distance ( Stay at least 6 feet away from others)
- Strictly follow hand hygiene.
- Cover your sneezes and coughs with a tissue or elbow, then discard the tissue
- Avoid touching the face with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like door handles, bathroom surfaces, etc.
WHEN TO SEEK HELP?
During the COVID-19 epidemic, it is important to understand the emergency signs and actions to take when they occur.
- Shortness of breath or wheezing is worsening with time & not relieved by medicine.
- Irregular or fast pulse.
- Unexplained weight loss or gain.
- Difficulty in waking up.
- Confusion or disorientation
Do not neglect the following COVID-19 symptoms as it may need emergency care.
- Chest pain or tightness.
- Sputum color changes
- Cough that has worsened quickly
- Altered level of consciousness
- Sudden difficulty in breathing
- Blue lip or fingers
BASIC MANAGEMENT OF COPD
- Quit smoking
- The proper medication under doctor’s guidelines.
- Oxygen treatment
- Proper nutritional food
By Dr.AbhijitKhabale Patil
For more detail info 9689008081